Monday, January 12, 2009

WWII Museum


The last day that we were in New Orleans we went to the National World War II Museum.  It was so interesting!  We were there for about 3 1/2 hours and I took almost 90 pictures while we were there.  The boats used to get our soldiers on shore during the attacks, the Higgins Boats, were built in New Orleans and that's why the museum is there.
One of the most interesting display for me was one that showed how small our military was compared to the German military and Japanese military.  We had under 700,ooo troops and both the Germans and teh Japanese troops were in the millions, it was amazing!
I didn't think that I would enjoy the war museum as much as I did.
I had a lot of fun in New Orleans and I would deffinately go back....I think I'll take Trevor with me next time though!

3 comments:

Parrish Family said...

That sounds so interesting! I love learning about WWII. It sounds like you had a great trip!

Jessica said...

That looks like a neat museum. I didn't even know that was there. Cool pictures. WOW!

ShayLynn said...

So do work anymore??!! Sounds like you guys had a great vacation! All your pics made me want to go on a fun vacation!