Here's the Swamp Tour!
The night before we went to the swamp it rained......alot. I was a little nervous that it may main on us during the tour bu the weather cleared up. We saw about a dozed alligators even thought they should still be hybernating. There was even a group of 5 of they laying together. We saw turtles and snakes and a swamp rat. There was also a Great Blue Heron that landed not to far from where our bat was...he was huge! We also saw a home that had been picked up an moved about 2 miles down the river during Katrina. When the home owner went to see what he could salvage after the storm....everything was still intact, even the kitchen table and chairs were where they belonged.



1 comments:
Love, love, love these pictures! I think that the swamps are beautiful! Cyprus trees are my favorite and traveling down the Bayou is just neat. It's crazy that people build their homes right along the bayou and don't you love the houses on stilts?! Your heron picture is awsome and that snake freaks me out. I would hate to be stranded in the swamp with all of the creatures. Especially gators! I'm glad that you went on a swamp tour. Too fun! Did they feed any gators for you guys? I went on a tour where the held food out over the side of the boat and the gator jumped out of the water to get it. They have super strong tails and can jump pretty high out of the water. Keep your arms and legs in the boat at all times right!!!! Sorry about the insanely long comment! I'm a nerd!
Post a Comment