Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Cover of Breaking Dawn

When I finished reading Breaking Dawn I was still wondering what the cover had to do with the story and why Stephanie Meyer wouldn't explain it before the release of the book. She said it would give away too much about the book if she did. I didn't understand that comment until I got an email from someone that I work with today with the answer to my question...

What does the cover mean?

Breaking Dawn's cover is a metaphor for Bella's progression throughout the entire saga. She began as the weakest (at least physically, when compared to vampires and werewolves) player on the board: the pawn. She ended as the strongest: the queen. In the end, it's Bella that brings about the win for the Cullens.
It's all clear now! Funny how wrapped we all got, have been or are in Vampires and Werewolves......what's next?

4 comments:

The Ellertson Family said...

I never realized that. But it all makes sense.

Jen said...

Makes total sense. I kinda figured the Queen was Bella, but I wasn't sure about the pawn. Cool.

Jess Schonberg said...

Bye the way I still have not finished! Uggg! I just need to sit down and finish1 I am so excited for the movie! Thanks for letting me barrow

itsahalesofalife said...

Shan and I are HUGE twilight fans!! I loved theses books. Cant wait for Nov.21st for the movie to come out.