Tons of pictures.....
Before the race...
Brayde, Trevor, McKayla, Me and Joel
We left Charlie with Justin and Nick while McKayla and I ran the 5K - thanks guys!
My dad is the Race Director so here he is getting everyone behind the start line and getting ready to let us all go - there were over 400 runners in the 5K.
This is my dad wishing he could run the race but as the director there is too much to do and be able to run the race too.
McKayla finished ahead of me - not suprising!
Here she is waiting at the finish line with Rusty(my cousin), Ricky(friend of my parents), Todd(Rusty's friend) and my mom
And then....she came back to run the last 100 yards or so with me. I wish I had her energy!!!
Trevor doesn't run but he came as soon as he got off of work.....
He got to participate in the kids race with Charlie......I don't know if you qualify as a finisher if you cross the finish line on your dad's shoulders.....I'm not sure how long that lasted.
Jensen ran the kids race too, that morning he was afraid that I had signed him up to run the longer race. He was relieved to know that he only had to go 1/2 mile.
Charlie was one of the last kids to finish...no longer on dad's shoulders. It took some coaxing to get her to cross the finish line - she was starting to get irritated and crying untill she saw Grandma in the finish chute.
Me & Justin - the sad part about this one is I am standing on a chair so that I could be taller than him - not by much though!
My CUTE girls!
While we were waiting for the prize drawing and trophies to be handed out, Charlie got a hold of two water bottles.....
She thought they needed to be combined......needless to say - she ended up soaking wet!
Both of the girls placed in their age divisions.....
McKayla took 1st in her age group in the 5K and Charlie took 2nd in her age group in the kids race.
We had lots of fun! I can't think of many other reasons I would get out of bed at 4:15 on a Saturday morning! Just and FYI - Last year the name of this race was changed to include my uncle's name -Bob Phelps- shortly after he passed away. Bob was an avid runner and he and my dad spent a lot of years running together - everything from just a Sunday morning run to the St. George Marathon. I wish someday I am as good of a runner as my dad and uncle Bob!


2 comments:
Oh how I miss Steel Days!! I was just thinking how my kids would love all of the fun stuff that goes on. Too bad we live so far away and can't enjoy all the city celebrations!! It looks like you guys had a great time.
I love that Race. My sister runs it every year and always trys to recruit family to join in. I ran it 3 years ago and when I was in High School. I totally love love love it!!!!!!! I love your pics and a recap on your fun day!
Post a Comment