Sunday, June 22, 2008

BBQ for Dean's Birthday




My older brother Dean's birthday is on Tuesday. We went to a BBQ at my parents house to celebrate. The girls played on the swings for a little bit while the hot dogs were cooking. Charlie was a little upset when she realized that Jaycee was in 'her' swing, but when I put her up on one of the blue swings - she was fine. That was until she wanted to get down; then she yelled 'I get down - help' until someone helped her down. When Jaycee got out of the middle swing...Charlie wanted in. She sat in that swing for about 5 minutes just by herself. When she started to lean back, I thought she was going to fall out, but she didn't - she was watching a few birds fly by.......

My dad was on a team that ran the 'Wasatch Back Relay' over the last 2 days. A couple of weeks ago he twisted his knee pretty bad. After finishing the race and getting home, his knee had swollen up again - he wrapped it with this ice wrap for a while, while we were all eating. The relay race is about 180 miles from Logan to Park City. He was on a 12 man team and ran 3 legs for a total of about 16 miles.

Most of the time McKayla hung out outside. She even found these stilts in the shed and was walking around on them - like she needs to be any taller!!! As you can see in the picture of her on the bench, she isn't always impressed with me when I am taking pictures.


Jensen and Garrett went inside to play the Wii. He is much more interested than I want him to be in video games!!! I guess that is a huge part of why we don't have any gaming systems at our house. They eventually came back outside to join the crowd.

For Father's Day, Dean and Murf gave dad a came called 'Corn Hole'. It is very similar to Horse Shoes, you toss bags filled with dried corn back and forth trying to get them in the hole on the board. There are 2 people on a team, one at each board. You get 1 point if your corn bag lands on the board and 3 if it falls in the hole. Here are Luke, Brayde, Dean and Reuben playing. I played later and it is actually a pretty fun game even though I am not very good at it!

As I am sure you all have noticed, there are not many pictures taken of me; I am usually the one behind the camera. But, here I am with my cousin, Joel's cute baby McKenna. She is so stinkin' cute and tiny. She reminds me how small Charlie was!

1 comments:

Heidi J. said...

I still can not beleive how grown up McKayla look. she is such a cute girl!!