Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another School Project!?!

Don't worry - this one isn't required or going to be graded so I'm not going to go off on a tangent this time...
McKayla's class is having a contest to make Valentine holders.  We came up with, what we thought is an original idea.  Trevor did most of the construction once we came up with the idea.  He and McKayla went to Roberts Crafts to see if they could find what was needed.  When they couldn't find the stuff there, they ended up at Home Depot.  I guess that's what you get when you put DAD in charge - I'm not knocking that....I'm glad for the help.
You know it is serious when he brings the skill saw in the house...

There was only a little blood.

Then paint...

Here's the finished product 
 Fire Hydrant Valentine Holder

An old Tupperware bowl, 4 PVC Pipe Plugs, a Concrete Form, a Round Cake Pan and some Spray Paint and this is where the idea ended up.  The top lifts up so the Valentine's can be put inside.

McKayla will take it to school tomorrow so the other students can judge all of the entries before the exchange Valentine's on Friday.
I don't know about you but I think it turned out pretty dang cute!



5 comments:

The Ellertson Family said...

That turned out awesome!!! When you were telling me what what you were doing, I never imagined it would look that great!! Way to go guys!!!

Jen said...

That is seriously the cutest thing! What a cool Dad to help make something so fun. I love it.

cassi said...

I love that the saw got brought out! What a cute dad to help put it all together! It is so fun!

Brad and Jana said...

That was an awesome idea! What a great dad to do that with her! Seriously I am impressed with Trevor!

Jessica said...

That turned out awesome!! Way to go Trevor! Your kids are lucky to have such a great dad.