Thursday, November 13, 2008

Kind of Random....

I have a few things at my house that are 'borrowed to me'; at least that is what my mom and mother-in-law call it.....

This one is in the kitchen.  It is an old milk cupboard that was my great-grandmother's (I think, it may be older than that).  My mom ended up with it and was keeping it in her basement until she found a good use for it.  Well, that's where I come in.  Our house has a small kitchen with very limited counter top and cupboard space.  So, I asked if I could 'borrow' the cupboard to use in my kitchen for cereal, mac-n-cheese, syrup...you know, the stuff that the kids need to get to everyday that I didn't want them climbing to get to.  She said I could 'borrow' it for now, so I painted it and put it in my kitchen.  I have managed to collect things to stack on top for decorations and it is full of random kitchen goods.  It has been in my kitchen for most of the 4 years that we have lived here and I don't think it is going anywhere any time soon.

(the two chickens are my favorite)

This one is a more recent addition.  It is an old ladder that my mother-in-law found at a garage sale.  She bought it with the intention of hanging some of her quilts on.  She doesn't have room for it right now so she brought it to my house for 'storage'.
I put a couple of my quilts on it the other day and I am not quite sure it was what she had in mind.  I think she is going to have to come over and re-arrange the quilts or at least let me know if this was what she was thinking.
This one I could see her using sooner than my mom will use the milk cupboard but for the time being I'll do my best to make sure that their stuff is put to good use.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love when cute stuff gets "borrowed to me"!!! Those look great and I love the quilts on the ladder. I have quilts on a log ladder in my house. Maybe the milk cupboard could get borrowed to me if it needs to!!

The Ellertson Family said...

The ladder just fits into your house!! It was so cute seeing it in person. I need to find me a great find like that!!!