Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Utah vs Michigan

Sorry - there are lots of pictures with this post...


Over Labor Day weekend Me, McKayla, my Mom and my Dad went to Michigan for the football game. This was the first time flying for McKayla and the first time for me in over 15years. I was so nervous to fly! I don't know if it helped or not sitting by the window.


When we got to the hotel, it was the same one that the team was staying at, there were a few people showing their 'colors'.
This is Brian Johnson - for those of you who don't know, the QB for Utah. I was surprised to see all of the players wandering around in the hotel Friday night.
Look at this cool view from our window! The hotel was on a golf course and there was a lake right there too - Ford's Lake. Me and my Dad went running on Sunday morning on a path/trail that went out across a boardwalk that connected some small islands in the lake. We saw some swans, one hissed at us when he thought we got too close!

Here me & Kayla are before the game - in the lobby of the hotel and then in the bus on the way to the tailgate party.





Here are just some of the people at the Utah party - we heart that there were 1400 people that had tickets to Utah's tailgate party.

Of course, Swoop was there!

This picture doesn't even show a small portion of the Michigan fans that were tailgating before the game. There was a golf course that was closed for the tailgate parties. We don't know how to tailgate in Utah, that is for sure!!!
There is some construction on the stadium right now to add 50 suites and a new press box.



This one is before the game when the teams were warming up.

The band on the field at half time... (Just kidding-I just looked closer at my picture and this one is actually before the game started)

Look at all the RED! There were over 4,000 Utah fans at the game. Not many compared to the 108,000+ fans that were there! But it was nice to see that many Utah fans had made their way to a game that far away - we heard that it was one of the biggest showing of visiting fans from a non-conference opponent.
And, of course, UTAH won! I about went crazy in the 4th quarter when they about totally fell apart - but some how they held on. Most of the Michigan fans were so nice! Wishing us luck before the game and offering their congratulations after.


The stadium was so awesome! I am glad we got to go see a game there, and it was a huge bonus to leave with the win.


This is a cool fountain that was in the Detroit airport.

And the Tram that we rode out to our terminal.

This one is from the flight from Detroit to Minneapolis - I couldn't resist. It is amazing to be above the clouds! We went to the Mall of America for a little bit while we were in Minneapolis since we had a 4hour layover! We didn't get to see much of the mall but we did go on one of the roller coasters while we were there. The flight to Salt Lake was supposed to land at 11:30, so it was late by the time we got home. It was so fun and one of those 'once in a lifetime' trips!

5 comments:

Skelley Family said...

I was reading your blog when I heard the report of the game on the news! Too cool! Looks like a great time!

Jen said...

Wow - how fun is that?? I love football, and I was super excited for the Utes to beat Michigan. Cool.

Brad and Jana said...

That looks like you guys had so much fun! I want to go on a trip so bad. How fun for you and McKayla!

Heidi J. said...

wow it looks like you guys had alot of fun!! Alans work gave us ticket to the BYU game on the 20th we cant't wait.

cassi said...

How fun to get to go to the game!! Too bad I didn't live just a little closer and could have met up with ya at the Mall of America- glad you got to go there though.