Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of School

McKayla and Jensen started school again this week, on Monday. They go to Forbes Elementary - McKayla is in 5th Grade and Jensen is in 2nd Grade this year.

Here are a few pictures that we took before we walked to school with them. Don't you love the obviously 'new' cloths on the first day?

Every year that we have lived on Thornwood we have walked with the kids to school on the first day. We help them find their class room and get their lunch money to the lunch ladies.



I can't believe that school has already started again! The best part is that Kayla and Jense are both excited to be back! Some days I would love to be able to go back to being a kid - when the most importatn part of your day was lunch recess.

8 comments:

Brad and Jana said...

I can't believe how big your kids are! They are so cute! I miss getting new school clothes and the first day of school.

jaMi n' beRt said...

finally back to a routine.. the kids are so big!!! that is fun that you walk them to their first day..and i didn't know that you loved football!! what more could a guy ask for.. you are great!

Shannon said...

They are getting way to big I can't believe it! I sure can wait for these days...

Heidi J. said...

I can not believe how fast time has flown I fill like jensen is still a baby but that can't be seeing that Bailie is starting kindergarten on monday. I love all the pics!

Jessica said...

I love the first day of school pictures. Too much fun! I had Mr. Mortensen when I went to Forbes. Could it be the same one? I liked him. I miss ya!

The Ockerman Family said...

Hey Monica, I went to Forbes!!! Well the old one before they tore it down and rebuilt it, you probably did too! I love the pictures from the game - I LOVE football too, but I will be at soccer starting Saturday, which I guess is good because I also LOVE soccer!!!
Cute pictures of your kids!

Jen said...

Wow - can you believe it's school time again!? Looks like Kayla got Mr. Mortensen... I can't believe he's still there. I had him for math in 4th grade! Kids grow up too fast, huh?

cassi said...

What cute kids! Seriously though- to just worry about when recess and lunch is...how nice!