How spoiled does a little girl have to be for Grandma to let her borrow one of her porcelain dolls, one that Grandma made? Well....Charlie is that spoiled.
Last week she asked my mom if she could borrow the 'yellow baby'. (She has called this doll 'the yellow baby' for as long as she could talk, because of the pajamas the doll is wearing.) Charlie made sure to tell Grandma that she would bring the baby back.
Friday night Charlie had the doll with her all night. She had climbed up on a stool and was sitting at the counter with the doll laying on the counter top next to her. Jensen had is art project on the counter near Charlie also....an art project that has already been turned in, graded and sent home. Charlie wanted to 'see' Jensen's project and he didn't want to let her see it. As she reached for the house (it was made out of popsicle sticks and had been painted) Jensen grabbed it and pulled it towards him. Charlie continued to swing towards Jensen, instead of hitting the house or Jensen.....she hit the doll, sending it to the floor. Needless to say, the head of the doll shattered!
I called my mom and asked her how long she thought it would be before she regretted sending the yellow baby home with Charlie......all she said was 'What happened?' Charlie got on the phone and the first thing she said to my mom was 'I broke your baby'. She wouldn't say much else and when we took the doll back to my mom she just told my mom to fix it.
We won't be borrowing any of the porcelain dolls again!


3 comments:
I remember in grade school I was so afraid of your mom. Recently I have seen her working in the fabric at walmart and she isn't someone to be afraid of she is such a nice person and I enjoy seeing her when I go there. Is she still working there?
Um, OOOOOOPPPPPPSSSSS! Charlie is still a cutie! Sad for your mom, hope she wasn't too upset!
Oh dang, that is no good! I love my dolls that you have given me, but I must admit that one of mine got broken by one of my little sweeties too. I was super sad, because your mom makes dang cute babies.
Post a Comment