Just wanted to update everyone on Trevor's dad, Paul. We heard today that they are planning on sending him home tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon. That was the good news for the day!
I didn't mention it in my last post why they kept Paul in ICU when he got there on Friday afternoon. He had not been feeling well all last week and by the time he went to the hospital he had a few things going on. He had pneumonia and septis. (I didn't know what septis was until Trevor explained it to me - it means that he has bacteria in his blood) His blood pressure was extremely low and his oxygen levels were low. He was on oxygen and had a couple of IVs by the time we got there Friday night. It took quite a few hours for his blood pressure to come up and even out. When we would talk to him he was confused but he knew who we all were. We were all there - Susanne, Spencer & Audra, Trevor & Me, James & Lacey, Jessica & Garrett. Kim had been there earlier and Robert came for a little while too.
We were there with Paul until about 2:00 am before we decided to head home. (Don't worry, I had Trevor stop at WalMart at 3:00 in the morning so I could buy Breaking Dawn!) We went back to the hospital early Saturday afternoon and Paul seemed to be doing about the same. It was scary to watch him struggle to breathe and to hear the 'gurgly' noises he was making. McKayla and Jensen were able to see him for a little while too. After the shift change on Saturday night Paul was able to get some much needed sleep. He woke up about 9 and we talked to him for a little while. He was so much more alert and better able to talk to us. He had improved some from that morning. Trevor felt like we were ok to go home for the night and we left just after 10.
Like I mentioned in my last post, we also spent Sunday afternoon at the hospital with Paul. Jensen rode to Salt Lake with Susanne and was able to see and talk to Paul for a while before Trevor and I got there. I think that was really good for both of them.
Today we had to go back to work - I talked to Sus this afternoon and she let me know that the plan is to send Paul home tomorrow afternoon. It is such a relief for him to be coming home but I am sure it is going to be a chore for us to help him stay healthy!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Update on Grandpa Paul
Posted by the LAWRENCE family at 9:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about Trevor's dad having to be in the hospital. Glad that he gets to come home though! We'll keep your family in our prayers.
I missed you at lunch too, but there was a lot going on for your family. How is Paul doing? Is he at home? Keep me posted okay. Love ya!
Post a Comment